Calvert Newsagents Limited
LocationIsle of Man
Calverts is a popular newsagents and local shop situated in Bay View Road Port St Mary and has generated strong and consistent turnover and profits for 13 years under current ownership. It benefits from an excellent High Street position with good parking immediately outside. The shop itself is self-contained but there are a variety of options available to a buyer depending on what you might want to achieve as the shop (with rear parking space) can be available either on a standalone basis or with the excellent 5 bedroomed accommodation which sits directly above.
The current lease covers the shop and the living accommodation above but the services and rates in relation to shop and accommodation are all segregated so the lease can be altered to suit a buyers requirements (depending on renegotiation with the landlord) if the substantial living accommodation is not required.
With or without the living accommodation this is an excellent opportunity to acquire a mature and well-respected local business with a strong revenue stream which the accounts show has been consistent over many years.
The business includes:
- A full Electronic Point of Sale System (EPoS) covering stock monitoring and sales
- A lottery point which generates good commissions
- MUA electricity meter top up facility (the only one in PSM)
- The exclusive agency for Christopher's Dry Cleaning agency
- All shelving, counters, barcode scanners, six camera CCTV and other items
- Stock at around £25,000 by separate negotiation
This is a good cash generative business which would be turn-key from day one. Offers above the asking price listed will be considered.
- Has generated excellent long term income
- High Street position
- Available as shop or shop with 5 bedroomed apartment
- Stock via separate negotiation